Community Forum

Re: Vietnam War PBS

New Poster

PBS is included in my subscription.  I started watching this last week as free.  There was no information that it was going to be a pay series.  Yesterday, I turned on episode 8 and I had to pay for it.  Horrible way to do business.  I have 2 more episodes to watch and you want me to pay 6.99 per episode on top of paying for episode 8.  I want to be credited for all 3 episodes or I will be mentioning this all over the web about comcast is misleading there services to there customers.  There was no information concerning this at all.  I pay premium dollar for your service, over $200.00 a month for at least 10 years.  This is down right VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.  Please send me a correction and credit me for the last 3 episodes or give them back to me for free.  

Official Employee

Hello lcrowley. As programming content is provided to Comcast from the networks, we are not able to directly control which content is made available for free vs. paid. This decision is made by the network. If you mistakenly ordered the content and would like a refund, I can review issuing a credit for these. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

New Poster

Yes, I paid for one episode.  So I  would like a refund on that episode.  However, I have two episodes to go and I don't understand why they are not available for free when all of the prior episodes were.  Can you tell me when the last (2) episodes will be available for free or can you allow me to watch the last (2) episodes and credit me for them on my account?  Thanks.  I will be awaiting your reply.

Official Employee

Hi lcrowley,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a credit since the decision to charge for the program was made by PBS. This was not something that was imposed by Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!