Community Forum

Re: Updating firmware for my OWN cable modem was one of the top 3 worst experiences I've had in y...

New Poster

Re: Updating firmware for my OWN cable modem was one of the top 3 worst experiences I've had in y...

I notice that Comcast has an incorrect serial number for my new modem. I also need a firmware update -advised by modem manufacturer.
Official Employee

Hi, Seacaptim - I can reverify the serial number we have in the system as well as check if there is an available firmware. Please send me a private message with your name, full address, phone number, CM MAC address and make/model of your modem. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I have a netgear C3700 that I need a firmware update pushed. Can someone help me on the forum ? I have tried calling tech support, but no one knows what I am talking about. 

Official Employee

Hi, anceravicius1 - I can check if we can update a firmware on your C3700 modem. Please send me your full name, phone number, and a MAC address in a private message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!