Community Forum

Re: Unauthorized Device Streaming

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having this exact same problem. Unauthorized devices streaming on my Xfinity Stream account.

No other "users" listed on my Xfinity Account. No users on my Xfinity Xfi account accessing my Router. The ONLY thing they are accessing is Xfinity Stream and they are purchasing hundreds of dollars of content.

I was on hold with Xfinity on the support phone number last night for over two hours and the representative wasn't able to answer the issue. I entered online chat and waited as 370th customer in the queue and was told to change my password, which I've done.

This morning the unauthorized user is on the account again. I've asked SPECIFICALLY to "deprovision all devices from the Xfinity Stream app" and have not found a rep who can do that.

Highlighted
New Poster

Honestly, after multiple calls I got an Xfinity rep to “deprovision” my account. Suggest just calling til you get someone who understands. Ask for a supervisor if you get nowhere.
Highlighted
Expert

@Utah2 wrote:

I am having this exact same problem. Unauthorized devices streaming on my Xfinity Stream account.

No other "users" listed on my Xfinity Account. No users on my Xfinity Xfi account accessing my Router. The ONLY thing they are accessing is Xfinity Stream and they are purchasing hundreds of dollars of content.

I was on hold with Xfinity on the support phone number last night for over two hours and the representative wasn't able to answer the issue. I entered online chat and waited as 370th customer in the queue and was told to change my password, which I've done.

This morning the unauthorized user is on the account again. I've asked SPECIFICALLY to "deprovision all devices from the Xfinity Stream app" and have not found a rep who can do that.

I moved your post to the customer service area of the forum.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Utah2 wrote:

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.  We have a specialized team that can help with this. Some options to reach that team are listed below: 

Comcast Security Assurance Toll-Free Number for General Requests: 1-888-565-4329

Good overview website https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!