Community Forum

Re: Unable to watch local channels live in home on Xfinity Stream web site or iOS App

New Poster

Re: Unable to watch local channels live in home on Xfinity Stream web site or iOS App

When directed to solution, support back in May says the issue has been fixed.

No it hasn't.

I happens almost every day, and it is now August.

The software is garbage. Sometimes you can get around it by clearing cache, then logging oout of streaming then rebooting, but many times that doesn't work. I just give up until the next day when it happens again and after 10 minutes of fumbling around it starts working.

Xininty doesn't know how to fix the issue. They give you the run around on these forums.

Official Employee

Hi webuser99, I do show that this issue has been resolved. If you're still having issues please try viewing this content on our "Xfinity Stream" app, if you're using a computer please try a different browser. 

New Poster

Hello, I am having the same issue. I am on a tablet, in my home, and not able to watch local channels on the xfinity streaming app or website. Can you assist me with resolving this? 

New Poster

The problem started a couple of weeks ago for me. I uninstalled the xfinity stream app, did a hard reset of my iPad, then reinstalled the app.  The local channels and any recordings made on them are available on the Comcast platform connected to the tv but do not appear in the app. The channels are simply missing. The guide skips over them as if they don’t exist. No recordings on those channels appear in the app either.

this is rather problematic since we are relying on the app while repairs are being done after hurricane Harvey. The storm didn’t affect anything because we were fine until recently. All wiring and WiFi hardware in the home are working properly. It’s just the app that has decided I don’t have permission for the local channels.  This appears to be a recurring problem going back a few years from what I’m seeing in the forums. No one ever reports the problem has been solved or how.

New Poster

This has not been resolved. Unless you mean we aren't allowed to watch local channels using the app. Getting fed up.