Community Forum

Re: Trouble getting Plant Extension Completed

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I ave been trying to get service since October and it is now December. I keep taking off work for installation appointments only to find that the plant extension or drops haven't been done. The techs call it in when they get here and then I receive another installation date, where the same thing keeps happening. Even after calling days before to ensure the plant extention is done before I take off work to meet a tech, I was told that everything is in place for me to get service. Since that time I've had 3 appointments for the third party "construction team" to do the plant extension. None of those appointments were kept. I now have another one the day after Christmas for December 26, 2017. I have no faith that they will show for this one. I need fast and reliable internet. I currently have U-Verse and they can only give me 12MB in this area and it is normally only running at a speed of 4MB. Of course their fine print says "up to" 12MB and that isn't for Wifi, that number is based on the internet being hardwired. 

Official Employee

Hi cablebuyrandy, apologies for your experiences when trying to set up services.  Since you already have a date scheduled I will follow up with you tomorrow after the visit. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi cableguyrandy, were the technicians able to make it out to your house today?

Thank you

New Poster

This is cableguyrandy. I couldn't get back on the forum for some reason without registering again and it wouldn't me use cableguyrandy as my user name again....but anyway....they did not show again. I have the transcripts from the reps I taled and chatted with today. I waited at home from 8am until now to no avail. They actually told me once on the phone that the tech was in my neighborhood working. this wasn't the case. 

Official Employee

Hi Steevonhunter1, thank you for the reply and I can look into this further for you. Can you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi steevonhunter1, haven't heard from you in a while please let me know if you are still needing assistance.

Thank you