Community Forum

Re: TV Japan in HD

Regular Visitor

Been wishing this for two years. 

Official Employee

Hi KKCC23, I show that "TV Japan" can only be viewed in SD on channel #330 in your area. I understand your desire to add content that you enjoy watching in your area. We do listen to customer feedback. For more information on this topic, follow this link: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/?. The support page also includes a link to our Customer Feedback Form where you can request channels that you would like to have added to our lineup.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Still wishing for TV Japan in HD. 3 years now.....

New Poster

Why would anyone still offer SD quality programming when the whole country off the air is HD now?

The quality difference from SD to HD or even UHD is incredubile.  SD is 50 years old technology . Come on Comcast you can do better.  All other providers make the TV Japan HD quality services available. For the price of 25/month I would expect you to be offering UHD by now as they do have it.

This , believe it or not, will be the reason I will switch away from Comcast back to FIOS.

New Poster

One more thing. Since I am not on a contract that will be sooner than what you care about.

@TVJAPANHD_NOW wrote:

Why would anyone still offer SD quality programming when the whole country off the air is HD now?

The quality difference from SD to HD or even UHD is incredubile.  SD is 50 years old technology . Come on Comcast you can do better.  All other providers make the TV Japan HD quality services available. For the price of 25/month I would expect you to be offering UHD by now as they do have it.

This , believe it or not, will be the reason I will switch away from Comcast back to FIOS.

New Poster

Hi KCC, I did follow their link and submited my comment about the lack of TV Japan HD.  The SD picture quality is horrible. It is like a soap opera tv on a bad rainy day using those old CRTs.  Horrible. And that low quality service for $25?  Who do they think they can fool around. Looking for alternatives even if it means switching to alternative Cable /Fiber providers.  Oh how good competition is.

Regular Visitor

Hoping to get some momentum. People have to pay $25.99 per month to view a "premium" channel in SD. It makes absolutely no sense that Comcast cannot broadcast TV Japan in HD when their competitors already have this available.  Please Comcast, revisit this and upgrade to the 21st century!

New Poster

I think we need to starta new message.  This chain is considered answered by their expert answering your first post.  It seems they don't read beyond the first message.

Also I suggest looking at alternatives such as Amazon Prime Video if you have prime. There are  lot of documentaries/video options in Japanese to select from in HD and even UHD.