Community Forum

Re: TAP installation?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I am having the exact same issue as @carrierorer -- I have been an Xfinity customer for nearly 20 years and recently moved into a new construction townhouse.  Over a month ago, I set up an installation appointment for our move in date to so we could have it ready to go as soon as we moved in. However, the tech who showed up that day discovered that there is a tap across the street but not on our side so he couldn't set up our service.  He said he put in a ticket/request to the construction team. After not hearing anything for several days, I called customer service and after an hour plus wait was eventually told that the tap would be installed yesterday.  Based on those assurances, I set up another appointment with a tech this morning to bring my new equipment and set up service.  By yesterday afternoon I still not had seen any comcast trucks or contractors yesterday so I was starting to doubt that the tap would be installed as promised so I called customer service at 6 pm to check on the status.  After an hour hold time, the agent told me that we were "#3 on the list" and that the work would definitely be completed by the end of the day.  By 10 pm last night, still no sight of anyone so I called customer service yet again (with another 1 hour wait).  The agent said he checked my records and told me "good news, I've confirmed that your tap was installed."  I was skeptical but had no choice but to trust what she said.  Of course, the tech showed up this morning with my new equipment he discovered that the tap still had not been installed.  He called his supervisor but no one can give me an update on when the construction guys will actually do the work. . I've asked but apparently there is no way for me to talk to the local construction team directly.  Can someone here please help me out?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Greetings, @MiltonGA! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear of the experience you have had thus far trying to get services at your new location. I would like to see what we can do for you! Since you already sent a PM, I will continue to assist you through there.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!