Community Forum

Re: Service for new construction

New Poster

Just moved into my newly constructed home and have the same scenario. We had several installers come, each expecting, hoping a Drop or Tap was put in place, but no work was done - we missed the process to get construction involved. Ten days ago an engineer came to do the site survey or field research and left 350 feet of RJ11 cable. My landscaper trenchedr and laid that cable to the IREA pole that provides electric to my house. This is a new home at on 13 acres in an old neighborhood, sub divided lot from the original address that was 26 acres. The nearest TAP is another 300 feet down the bridal path, which is apparently to far. After the site survey, my ticket was apparently closed, reopened with a call to "Comcast Drop Requests". Have no idea if I am on track with process, or off track and how long it will take. We are now in the home with no internet. Ticket number I have is 046831707, really appreciate the support of the Comcast Englewood office to get us back on line.... Amazing how everything from home security to sprinkler system need WiFi now in New homes
New Poster

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QntSndywMgPwHZa96

Pictures of work we did too burying an RJ11 cable from house to the easement where IREA has a pole.... Engineer who did the site survey or field research said that is where the Tap or drop would go...... Nearest TAP is 300 to 400 feet from that pole
New Poster

Management has been very responsive to our situation