Community Forum

Re: Received an Odd phone call from someone claiming to be from Comcast. 872-205-0698

New Poster

Re: Received an Odd phone call from someone claiming to be from Comcast. 872-205-0698

I too received a call from a Comcast telemarketer.  He offered me an upgrade in interent and programming for only about $10 more/month than I am currently paying.  It seemed like a good deal so I agreed.  He then informed me he would send me a text with a link to a Comcast site were I could approve the increase in charges and receive the upgrades.  I received the text and followed the link where I reach a service agreement page that would allow me to accept the changes with a single click while the representative waited on the phone.  I looked over the agreement and found the charges to be an increase of over $100/month.  When I questioned the representative as to why, he stated that there are some one time charges associated with the change.  I then pointed out the contract stated the full price as a monthly charge not a one time charge to which he had no explanation.  It is clear to me that the representative lied to me concerning the fees in hope that I would not be paying attention and would click accept on the online contract.  I of course opted to not accept the terms of the contract.

Official Employee

Hello @nelso240. We apologize for the miscommunication you have received in your previous interaction. If you still need support with reviewing your account for new offers, or to change your service, I can help. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.