Community Forum

Re: Picture going in and out

New Poster

I've had a similar problem for nearly a year now. One day a concrete truck came down our road and caught my comcast cable line and broke it off at the pole on my side of the street leaving the one end attached to the pole across the street laying across the road on the ground. It took weeks of constant calls and messages back and forth  with Comcast to finally get someone out here. Since we had no phone cable or internet we were hoping for some response from Comcast but no matter how hard I tried by being super nice and patient, later trying to be helpful explaining in technical detail what needed to be done should they actually send someone out, and finally resorting to being a complete and unashamed nasty customer demanding to speak to supervisors and threatening formal complaints to their regulating body and calling police to come and guard the downed wire (technically considered a live powerline when attached to a utility pole containing powerlines and a transformer) until comcast could be dispatched. All to no avail. Finally after a couple weeks and more aggravation than I can begin to describe, a service tech actually came and restrung the wire back across the road. The internet works fine but the tv cuts out, goes fuzzy and generally can't be watched. I finally went and bought a Roku and just use that to stream TV instead of using the xfinity box. Now my wife is having spinal surgery so I set up a tv and moved the Roku to the bedroom and have no tv now in the living room. Since I flatly refuse to go through the frustration and aggravation of trying to deal with Comcast again to fix it, I'm just going to buy another Roku. It's sad, really, to pay $200 a month for a service that doesn't work and to a company where it is simply impossible to get repair service. So if your tv is cutting in and out but your internet works, I'd recommend getting a Roku. It needs to be a compatible model to be able to run the xfinity streaming app but once it's set up it works really well. Don't even think about trying to get Comcast to send someone to your home to fix the problem. If you somehow get that one in a million agent on the phone who can actually figure out how to schedule a service tech to come, they won't show up and if you are actually powerball winner kind of lucky and a tech eventually shows up somehow, there is simply no chance whatsoever that your problem will actually be solved. Don't put yourself through it, just get a Roku. You'll be glad you did.

Expert

moved your post to the customer service area of the forum and I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi jim34491, I can help get a technician out for your TV service.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi jim34491,  I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.