Community Forum

Re: Parental Controls - Keyword Blocking is incorrectly blocking Trusted computes

New Poster

Re: Parental Controls - Keyword Blocking is incorrectly blocking Trusted computes

same issue here.   blocking netflix via "block site" does not work, but blocking via keyword blocks it.  

however "trusted computer" does not work to allow that device visit netflix.com    it's always blocked.

Official Employee

menloparkuser, if you're blocking a particular site there will be an option to "Always block" that may be checked, that would prevent even a Trusted device from accessing it. Removing that check should allow access by a trusted device.

New Poster

I have the exact same issue.  "Block site" does not block at all but "block keywords" blocks for all devices including "trusted computers".  I also tried making the block not "Always Block" but block by time, it still blocks for "trusted computers".

Admin1

ppmj -- You may need to select Allowed in managed devices for the computer you're trying to use. 

New Poster

comcastKenF, i don't think that's right, per Comcast level 2 tech support, and per arris doc on that very page:

The Gateway will block connections to websites on all untrusted computers, based on the specified rules. If you don't want restrictions for a particular computer, select Yes under Trusted Computers.

that means Trusted should trump restrictions, which makes sense for a parent computer.

New Poster

When I go to managed devices, the page points me to xfinity.com/myxfi.  How do I turn my trusted devices to "Allowed"?

Official Employee

Hello @ppmj and @menloparkuser

I've been informed that our engineers are now investigating this. I would like to create a ticket for you so your issues can be resolved as well. If you are still in need of assistance

can you please verify your first and last name, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Now I’m having the same issue with my Ipad Pro. I can’t open youtube as I block them even though I put TRUSTED as YES for my Ipad device. Conversely my kids can open youtube in their computer. Strange! Opposite with what I want.