Community Forum

Re: Outage Map

New Poster

Outage Credits: I was supposed to be credited for many days without tv service and only received a credit for one day. I have called in several times and they esculate a ticket but never contact me after the 7 to 10 day investigation time period. What do I have to do to get someone to take care of this issue? I'm unable to speak much of the time due to a brain tumor. I can't always call in and too much time has past. I had no service for 89 days and it was the whole neighborhood. At one point I talked to the billing dept who said they needed the tech dept to calculate or verify the outage credit. So I talked with the tech dept and agreed to accept credit for 70 days at $5.17 per day, but only received a one day credit of $5.17. A lot of time went by between that call in and the most recent call about 2 weeks ago. I had 2 long chat sessions in the same month that I received the 1 day credit and it was beyond their control. Then I fell into a semi vegitative state and was unable to handle tasks like calling in and making sure that I get my credits. Then 2 weeks ago I called in, but nothing is happening. Please help. If you respond to this message, will I get notified? I have an email address in my account, but am not familiar with community posting. I really need somebody to handle this. My illness doesn't allow me to keep following up. It has been 2 years now. Please help.
Expert

Hi @Thooper

Too much time has passed to pursue this. It's very unlikely Comcast is going to issue a $450 credit from two years ago. Sorry. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Well you'd be wrong. They just issued the credit from the Colorado office. The least you could do in trying to offer some help to a person in my situation is to not be a doubting Thomas and issue I final statement like "sorry". You were effectively trying to tell me that I'm SOL and that I shouldn't even try because Comcast/Xfinity will not reimburse me outage credits for the many days of tv service that I paid for, but did not receive. That would be wrong.
You could've told me to find other local complaints here in this forum about outages around that same period of time and use that as proof of said outage which is exactly what I did.
As a so called "expert", I would assume that you would have more helpful information to provide.
Official Employee

Hello Thooper, I am glad that you were able to get this issue taken care of. Feel free to reach back out to me directly if you need anything further. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!