Community Forum

Re: Our commitment to a better customer experience

New Poster

This is a joke. After being a customer for 2 years, my only day off for the week was taken up entirely dealing with unhelpful and rude customer service representatives, for a situation that should have been resolved in under an hour. When I tried to contact them to express my dissatisfaction, I was offered $10 credit, and was told that I couldn't even cancel my service until tomorrow. I work 60 hours a week and my time is much more valuable than money, to be offered $10 for wasting my entire day off is plain insulting. There's a 90% chance I will be taking my business elsewhere. I would rather pay more money for worse quality service than be treated like this.
Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Expert
New Poster

I am going to be away for over 2 months.  I chatted with an agent gave them the dates and they said sure you can put your account on hold and provided a number for the seasonal hold department - 800-934-6489.   The chat agent even confirmed the dates (which was for 75 days), and of course she should have my account information which identifies my location.  THE CHAT AGENT WAS NOT KNOWLEGABLE ENOUGH TO TELL ME RIGHT THEN AND THERE THAT MY STATE WAS INELIGIBLE AND THAT 75 DAYS WAS TOO SHORT.   So I completely wasted more time by proceeding as below.

I then called the number and after going through automated prompts which still supported that I can put my account on hold, I finally got transferred to a phone representative.   Who again, was like sure, we can do that for you, it will be $8 a month but it must be for a 90 day minimum.   But then he proceeds to tell me sorry we can't do it because of your location.   

This is ridiculous.   The first chat agent should not have confirmed that it can be put on hold and had me waste my time calling, if it is unavailable in my state.  (Btw, it is only available in like 4 states which is crazy)

Its very frustrating this customer unfriendly policy.   Wireless companies do not have separate rules for which part of the country you live in.  In my opinion this is highly discriminating.

I fail to see how Comcast makes any effort to a better customer experience