Community Forum

Re: New construction house

New Poster

Hello, I am in a similar boat, would you be able to help me in my situation?  We just moved to a home that Comcast shows in their system as serviceable.  the customer service rep on the phone set it up as a transfer of service as I already had service and equipment at our old home.  Upon arrival to the new home, it was discovered that no previous owners of the home ever signed up for comcast, so no drop line was installed yet.  However, we had a tech come out this morning and he couldn't perform the install because our house is approximately 450 ft. from the closest pole with a service drop location.  Cable at the new home was my #1 priority and I'm hoping we didn't just buy a $240,000 home to find out we can't get Comcast now.  The chat representative that I chatted with after the first tech came out this morning CLAIMS she scheduled a tech for Wednesday that CAN install for us, but wouldn't this issue have to go through the construction department first?  I just need to find out what we need to do next to get service to the house.  I can't seem to send a private message, so not sure how else I can provide you with my address and account number privately.

Thanks!

Admin1

Hi Wmubronco1981 -- You are correct that this drop issue will need to go through our construction department. I can get in contact with them to see what the next steps are for getting this drop run at your address. Please send me a PM with your name, address, and best contact information. I will send this information over to construction for further assistance.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

I'm in the same boat too!  I have had xfinity for years, and I recently moved to a newly built home but xfinity told my wife it would be 3-4 months before the street would be "released" by the builder for them to come install the lines.  I contacted the builder, but they have no clue what were talking about saying that Comcast/Xfinity is usally already done by the time they start building.  Also, the guy a stones throw away from my house has Xfinity.   I'n not sure what to do, I can't wait 3-4 months without internet, I have a job and university classes.