Community Forum

Re: New Construction - Xfinity service

Regular Visitor

Hi, I cannot figure out how to ask my quewstion about a new build, so I'm piggy-backing onto this thread.  

I have gone to the Xfinity office and put in my new construction address so that the construction trailer can have internet and phone  (this account will be my personal account when the home is finished)     It's in the middle of a neigborhood that has comcast everywhere.    I was given a "case number", but then radio silence.    It's been three weeks and there is no way to follow up or check on status of the "assessment  visit"  (it is literally next door to my parent's house that has comcast)

Is this just the way that Comcast does things?    I have been a comcast customer for 40 years.    Seems a bit strange to have such an unstructured  way of doing business.

How long should an "assessment" visit take to be scheduled?   

Official Employee

patpom, thanks for posting on the forums about your install delay! Typically, a serviceable location will need to be verified with the postal service and the city with a cited address to get service. Let's check your request and see what the latest updates are. I see your private message and I'll follow up there. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi Ken,  

Thank you for the reply.    I have gotten no where on multiple visits to the Xfinity office in Vermont.     

So, my address is 114 Deforest Heights, Burlington, VT 05401.  However, it is a construction lot and the post office won't give me an "official" post office address until there is a house there.    The city has officially given that address to me however.  

I need internet for the contruction trailer.   Contruction will take a 11 months.    There is a **comcast pedestal on my lot** that feeds the entire neighborhood,  and we have laid all the cable for electricity, cable and phone.      My case number is 05401400110081

I cannot get anyone to tell me anything other than "it takes time"      It is a "new build" and does not have a post office adress  (only a city planning address) because I can't GET a post office address yet as there is no way to delive mail.  So, I've got a catch 22 on my hands.      

I can't believe that large construction projects with trailers can't get internet.    What do they do?  

thank for the response.   Yours is the only one I have received with a glimmer of hope.  

Thanks, 

Patricia 

Official Employee

I understand where you're coming from Patricia! Just from the quick research, I did for your initial request showed me that your orignial serviceability request was escalated so I've reached out to that team to see what is next. More details in PM. 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

patpom, it's been a pleasure chatting with you in PM. I'm glad we were able to get the final steps of the process completed and the install scheduled for ya! Post again if you need anything! Thanks for being a valued customer. 

Ken