Community Forum

Re: Netgear C6300 Modem/Router Combo Firmware Update Required - Remote Exploit Discovered

New Poster

Re: Netgear C6300 Modem/Router Combo Firmware Update Required - Remote Exploit Discovered

Years pass by and nothing has changed with COMCAST/XFINITY,
Well none of the XFINITY customer service people know about the firmware upgrades for the DOCSIS modem and they keep on saying reach out to the manufacturer (netgear).
Is there any one who can help me setup my Netgear C6300 modem with comcast?
Expert

Are you talking about registering / activating a modem for service with Comcast ? If you are talking about needing a firmware update for an existing modem already in service, the Comcast system automatically keeps the firmware updated with the latest loads from the manufacturer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@MohanT wrote:
Years pass by and nothing has changed with COMCAST/XFINITY,
Well none of the XFINITY customer service people know about the firmware upgrades for the DOCSIS modem and they keep on saying reach out to the manufacturer (netgear).
Is there any one who can help me setup my Netgear C6300 modem with comcast?

Hi @MohanT

I hope all is well. I wanted to reach out to see if you are still in need of assistance?  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!