Community Forum

Re: Missing all recorded DVR movies and shows.

Regular Visitor

I noticed yesterday(4/23/19) that my DVR went from 77% full to 25% full. I lost 30 to 40 recordings. The lost recordings were not the oldest ones or the newest ones but somewhere in between. I have already done the restart and system refresh procedures without success. Any other suggestions? 

Official Employee

dhall6491, welcome to the forums. 

This is a very odd issue, and I'd be happy to help. I get how important it is to make sure your recordings are available. To take a look at this further, can you please send over a PM with your first and last name? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I have also had this problem, same time frame, not missing all, but quite a few movies.

Frequent Visitor

The missing recordings can be restored.  They will tell you they can't do it but they can - as I have had it done but it took posting to the FCC's complain site.

Good luck

Regular Visitor

Actually not all the recordings were missing. I lost about half of them. Not the oldest or the newest but somewhere in between.

New Poster

Happened to me too. Claim they can do nothing & some of those programs saved were live & one ofs that were being kept permanently.  Then when I called the customer "service" agents were so HORRIBLE, I just wrote a 3 page letter letting them know this customer of a couple decades will likely be heading elsewhere due to the entire incident. Start to finish, the worst treatment I've ever dealt with as a customer.

If anyone knows the actual mailing address for complaints, I'd really appreciate it as I can't seem to track it down. Thanks. Sorry y'all are dealing with this too. We pay way too much a month for such rude, unprofessional treatment.

Official Employee

Hello, all! 

Thank you for reaching out here. At this time, this is a known issue. We are working hard to get this resolved since we know a lot of customers are missing their recordings. We do not currently have a work-around. I will update this thread when I have an update! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

How did you get this done?

New Poster

Any update on a fix for this issue? 
My DVR went from 40% to 5% and I am missing many recordings. Please help!

Official Employee

shmiller1, I apologize for the inconvenience. This is currently a known issue. Our advanced repair team is working hard to make sure a resolution is found as fast as possible! 

New Poster

We have lost ALL are recordings!

Can not even set to record anything, option is gone.

I'm in Fort Myers, FL anyone else in the area having trouble?

Sure isn't what I'm paying big dollars for.

Official Employee

Hello, all, thank you so much for your patience while we worked on this. The issues with the missing recordings have now been resolved and your recordings should be available again. If you cannot find the recordings on your physical box, please try viewing them from the Cloud on the Stream app or website.

Regular Visitor

I see no change in my DVR recordings, so they are still missing. Apparently I have no access to the Cloud DVR.

Official Employee

garryreeves, please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to review this further together! I would be happy to review this further with you and find a resolution. 

Official Employee

dhall6491, I'm so sorry to hear that! Let's troubleshoot this via the account. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to take a look. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”