Community Forum

Re: Kept getting "Limited Access" and "Invalid IP configuration".

New Poster

Yes, I've been having the same issue with the Xfinity public Wi-Fi as well. Basically, the same situation as mentioned above.
Official Employee

Hi Gutsu_P, I can assist you with getting connected to your public hot spot. You must be within 150 feet of the hot spot to have a proper connection, if you're outside of that range the signal will not connect and will give you an error like this one. So please make sure you're within range. Also if you haven't already please download the Xfinity Hot Spot app, this app will provide the locations to all the hot spots around you so that you can connect to the closest one for the best results. 

New Poster

I am having the same problem as listed above. It started happening just this week. Roommates are having no issue with the internet and are using the same xfinity WiFi on devices in the same apartment. We have been using Comcast hotspot here for a year. What's the solution
New Poster

I just purchased a Day pass and this kind of error keeps happening to me quite often, before then there were no issues with the service at all. I think it's all joke and a way to rip people off by continually connecting and disconnecting our service without any advice as to why they do this. I don't think you all know how to provide satisfying service to your customers.

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I am not at home & I am trying to use the xfinitywifi hotspot. I have an account that includes Xfinity anywhere.
It keeps saying it "doesn't have a valid IP configuration".
My phone is connected to the xfinitywifi hotspot. My other phone is connected. My other laptop connects to the hotspot. This laptop connects to my phone's Data hotspot. It also connects to my friend's hotspot on a different network.
This laptop used to connect just fine. Now it is randomly not working. I am well within range. I have tried using a static IP address (one that worked with this connection at this location in the past). Then the diagnostic just tells me that it cannot identify the problem, yet still does not connect.
Then I set it back to automatically selecting the IP address & it will connect for about 5 minutes and then disconnect again & return to the invalid IP.

Please help.