Community Forum

Re: Installing and coax is bad

Highlighted
New Poster

For some reason, I am unable to send you a PM about a similar issue in transferring services.

If I am moving to an area where Comcast is not currently servicing, is it possible to make my address servicable. I then requested for a physical visit by a tech to the new address and was told that since the system shows the address as being unservicable that they cannot send out a tech.  I hate to move on to a competitor that does service the area, which is why I am trying every avenue possible.

New city will be Frisco, TX and I have been told that the furthest north Comcast services is being offered is Houston, TX.

Highlighted
Expert

@cw3162 wrote:

For some reason, I am unable to send you a PM about a similar issue in transferring services.

If I am moving to an area where Comcast is not currently servicing, is it possible to make my address servicable. I then requested for a physical visit by a tech to the new address and was told that since the system shows the address as being unservicable that they cannot send out a tech.  I hate to move on to a competitor that does service the area, which is why I am trying every avenue possible.

New city will be Frisco, TX and I have been told that the furthest north Comcast services is being offered is Houston, TX.

I can tell you that you won't be able to get Comcast services in Frisco.  I do believe that Spectrum services Frisco.  The DFW area is not in the Comcast footprint.  Sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

@Again  I was afraid of that......Man after 10 yrs. I am going to hate to end this relationship.  I hate to ask any thoughts on Spectrum services as well as DirecTV paired with AT&T Fiber?  I'm at a loss.

Highlighted
Expert

@cw3162 wrote:

@Again  I was afraid of that......Man after 10 yrs. I am going to hate to end this relationship.  I hate to ask any thoughts on Spectrum services as well as DirecTV paired with AT&T Fiber?  I'm at a loss.

I can't really give you advice on either of those services.  If you like Comcast stick with Spectrum.  I will say, however, DirecTV is financially wobbly right now.  Do lots of research on plans and prices before making any choices.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!