Community Forum

Re: How can I get Comcasts’s attention?

Regular Visitor

Agreed. Don't want to hijack your thread but figure if someone sees both of us complaining maybe someone will start doing something.

Just moved to a new unit and have been trying to activate my service using my own modem since last week. Spent 3+ hours with different customer reps and none of them are helpful. I know for a fact that the previous tenant had Comcast in the same unit. Followed the line outside my house and noticed a cable drooping right in front of my place, most likely due to the weather last week also (see pictures). Ironically there's a Comcast van right across the street and has been there for a while (a neighbor who works there?).

I've just spent an hour today on the phone with two more reps and they keep saying that they have to charge me $60 to send a tech over to fix it since that's "protocol". I guess Comcast just wants me to wait until someone gets in an accident with the hanging cable and sue them for negligency. Seems they'd risk facing a million dollar lawsuit just to get me to fork over $60.

Hopefully, this gets their attention and someone helps us.

IMG_20180305_175033[2]-min.jpgIMG_20180305_175252[1]-min.jpgIMG_20180305_175120[1]-min-min.jpgIMG_20180305_175106[1]-min-min.jpg

Regular Contributor

@Tracark wrote:

Agreed. Don't want to hijack your thread but figure if someone sees both of us complaining maybe someone will start doing something.

Just moved to a new unit and have been trying to activate my service using my own modem since last week. Spent 3+ hours with different customer reps and none of them are helpful. I know for a fact that the previous tenant had Comcast in the same unit. Followed the line outside my house and noticed a cable drooping right in front of my place, most likely due to the weather last week also (see pictures). Ironically there's a Comcast van right across the street and has been there for a while (a neighbor who works there?).

I've just spent an hour today on the phone with two more reps and they keep saying that they have to charge me $60 to send a tech over to fix it since that's "protocol". I guess Comcast just wants me to wait until someone gets in an accident with the hanging cable and sue them for negligency. Seems they'd risk facing a million dollar lawsuit just to get me to fork over $60.

Hopefully, this gets their attention and someone helps us.

IMG_20180305_175033[2]-min.jpgIMG_20180305_175252[1]-min.jpgIMG_20180305_175120[1]-min-min.jpgIMG_20180305_175106[1]-min-min.jpg

In the time it took you to take the pictures and post your message, you could've walked over and knocked on your neighbor's door and either ask for help or they may have gotten you in touch with someone who could.  Majority of techs would help but if they don't know about it, how can they?

Regular Visitor

I can't tell from your post, but hopefully you were trying to offer some good advice and not insult me. Please read my third paragraph. I did call Comcast to inform them of the problem and spoke to at least two reps, including 1 manager, informing them of the issue. They refused to send a tech over unless I scheduled something and would get charged for it, which, call me crazy, just sounds ridiculous to me.

Secondly, I just moved into the area and don't really know too many of my neighbors. Despite that, a couple of them saw it and told me to get in touch with someone from the city or electric company, thinking it might be an electric line. But assuming that they did have a ladder to reach up there (it is pretty high), why would they risk injuring themselves? And if in the process of fixing it, they knocked down the other cables, potentially an electric cable causing more problems? Also not sure about the legality of messing with the cables yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting someone to magically know about these problems, but don't expect to nickel and dime me when I do my part and inform the right people about it. That's all.

Expert

Hi @Tracark,

Thanks for taking the time to report the downed line. Whoever told you that you would be charged for this type of call was mistaken, Comcast will come out and check the line and make repairs as needed at no cost to you. Outside lines are not your responsibility and you would never be charged to repair them. I don't blame you for being incredulous! Anyhow...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Hi Tracark, thank you for bringing this to our attention and I can help forward this to the right group for further assistance.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi Tracark, the information that nerdburg shared is correct. Please send me a private message with your account information so that we can get someone out at no cost to fix this problem for you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!