Community Forum

Re: Hard Credit Inquiry done without authorization. Representative did not mention any credit pull

New Poster

Re: Hard Credit Inquiry done without authorization. Representative did not mention any credit pull

Dear Comcast,  I was checking my Equifax credit report and it shows that Comcast did a hard inquiry on my credit. To my knowledge when I signed up the representative did not advise me that there would be a hard inquiry or else I wouldn't have signed up. The representative has violated UDAAP, by being deceptive and keeping that information from me. After the lawsuit that Comcast had to endure because they were doing hard inquiries on their customer's reports without their knowledge. I am demanding the hard inquiry to be removed and compensation for the damages your company has caused me.

Expert

Comcast does not need your authorization to pull your credit regarding a transaction that you initiated since they have a legitimate business need to do so. Nor do they have any obligation to notify you. They should have given you the option of making a deposit though. 

The lawsuit against Comcast alleges that they run credit reports of consumers without their approval even though they may have paid a deposit in lieu of running a credit check.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Is there anything else we can assist you with?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Comcast ran inquiry for an account I had no idea existed, as I have been a victim of identity fraud.  They wouldn't even give me an address to help local PD out on report.  Lfelock got me a representative on the phone that was useless, as "Dave" told me I had to submit all these forms etc.  Yet, I had a freeze fron a previous incident in place.  I have been with comcast since they were cablevision and account has always paid on tim.  In fact, on auto payment to the tune of 365$ a month.  I have been at my current residence for the last 14 years and as customer for close to thirty years.

Somnmething is not right.  If it is in my name, why not contact me?  Why not take note of fraud alerts on credit report?  Why not help a customer that has paid you and your "company" tens of thousands of dollars over a consistent and current amount of time?  A credit history of over thirty years doesn't deserve a call or even a letter to explain the issue?  No, I can't evn get enough information to provide police with the information that may help thouusands of others that have had their identities compromised.

In the name of rhetorical questions, let me answer....because they don't care as long as they get their money.  We are all faceless numbers to corporate greed thinly veiled as a service provider.  The service they provide is a place to blindly park your money while they laugh all the way to the bank and continue to take over companies at the expense of the misguided that are treated as subhuman by Comcast.

Official Employee

Hello @goop

If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft and need to submit a claim to Comcast here is the link to get started:

https://www.xfinity.com/idtheftclaimform

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.