Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Re: Going on 3 years of trying to get service!

Frequent Visitor

I’m writing in hopes that you can help 11 people and myself.

We are wanting to have Comcast extend their cable to us so we can have TV and Internet like our neighbors have

Comcast refuses to extend their cable

Comcast Cable stopped their cable at <Edited. Private info>  and won’t continue the cable to the 11 other people on OHB. listed below

They are:

<Edited. Private Info>

I had read in the Metro/ Comcast Franchise Agreement that in order

to extend the cable there would have to be at least 10 houses within a mile or less and

these 11 people listed above are all within .9 tenths of a mile from where the cable ends

This seem to be a Discrimination...and Comcast says it will not Discriminate against anyone...

Please if you could look into this and see if you could get us cable.

I thank you for your time in this matter.

Looking forward to your reply

CEG

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Install

Got an update, @CEG3. There is a build-out cost to extend services to your house and close neighbors. If you would like to know the cost, please send me a private message. 

All Replies
Official Employee

Hi, CEG3 - Please, don't post the private information publicly. Our forum is open and each user can see any public post. I can address your serviceability request to the proper team. Please send me a private message with your name, full address, phone number, valid e-mail address. Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

Install

Install Service

I’m writing in hopes that you can help 11 people and myself.

We are wanting to have Comcast extend their cable to us so we can have TV and Internet like our neighbors have

Comcast refuses to extend their cable

Comcast Cable stopped their cable at **24 Old Hickory Blvd. and won’t continue the cable to the 11 other people on OHB. listed below

They are:

***ammon        **24 Old Hickory Blvd.  <  Has Comcast Cable Service

**pkins             **36 Old Hickory Blvd.

**uenwald         **86 Old Hickory Blvd.

**ant                 **87 Old Hickory Blvd.

**chardson        **88 Old Hickory Blvd.

**rrett             **94 Old Hickory Blvd.

**sady              **04 Old Hickory Blvd.

**own               **14 Old Hickory Blvd.

**nes               **08 Old Hickory Blvd.

**own               **50 Old Hickory Blvd.

**ldwin             **54 Old Hickory Blvd.

**etts              **64 Old Hickory Blvd.

I had read in the Metro/ Comcast Franchise Agreement that in order

to extend the cable there would have to be at least 10 houses within a mile or less and

these 11 people listed above are all within .9 tenths of a mile from where the cable ends

This seem to be Discrimination...and Comcast says it will not Discriminate against anyone...

Please if you could look into this and see if you could get us cable.

I thank you for your time in this matter.

Looking forward to your reply

CEG

Expert

hi, I moved your post to the customer service area of the forum.

Official Employee

@CEG3 - I received your private message and will reply back with the details. 

Official Employee

Thank you for the information, CEG3. I put a serviceability request, as soon as I get a response I will let you know.  

Official Employee

Got an update, @CEG3. There is a build-out cost to extend services to your house and close neighbors. If you would like to know the cost, please send me a private message. 

Frequent Visitor

Metro/ Comcast Franchise Agreement

Metro/ Comcast Franchise Agreement  broken

Frequent Visitor

Nashville Metro/ Comcast Franchise Agreement

Got an update, @CEG3. There is a build-out cost to extend services to your house and close neighbors.
If you would like to know the cost, $3000.00
All my neighbors agree that having to pay for extention costs is a discrimination issue.
My neighbor didn't have to pay for running cable to service his house.
We will be looking into hiring an attorney for a discrimination lawsuit.
also they (Comcast) is not living up to the Nashville Metro/ Comcast Franchise Agreement

Official Employee

Re: Nashville Metro/ Comcast Franchise Agreement

@CEG3 - Please read our Forums Policy and Guidelines that you can find here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379. If you mention the lawsuit in your reply it's considered Solicitation; if you post multiple posts about the same issue it's considered Spamming and continued abuse of this guideline may result in having your posting privileges revoked.

I have not provided any information about the specific cost. Not publicly and not in private messaging. 

Expert

CEG3 wrote:

Got an update, @CEG3. There is a build-out cost to extend services to your house and close neighbors.
If you would like to know the cost, $3000.00

Sounds pretty reasonable. A general rule of thumb for a plant extension is around $20K a mile. 

All my neighbors agree that having to pay for extention costs is a discrimination issue.

No, it's a "You're-too-far-away-from-the-cable-plant" issue. 

My neighbor didn't have to pay for running cable to service his house.

Most people don't. But if you are too far away from the cable plant and you want service, you may have to shoulder some of the cost.  

We will be looking into hiring an attorney for a discrimination lawsuit.

You can reach Comcast's legal department here:

Comcast Corporation
Comcast Center
1701 JFK Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103

also they (Comcast) is not living up to the Nashville Metro/ Comcast Franchise Agreement

Then complain to the franchise authority. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Frequent Visitor

One of my neighbors was told a year ago it would cost $3000.00