Community Forum

Re: Early Termination Fees For Moving Out of Service Area

New Poster

This same exact thing happened to me today. When I renewed my contract in October, I specifically asked and was told that if there was no service to the new address, there would be no fee.  If there was to be a fee, I was not going to renew.  I am moving in two weeks.  I’ve spoken with an agent twice in the last five days, and was told the same thing - no fee. Last night I called to give my shutoff date of March 8th. As soon as I hung up, all of my services were shut off.  I spent two hours on the phone and no one could fix it. And I work at home, which means I would not be able to work today. Called again this morning, and the rep fixed it within two minutes. BUT?  She told me I have to pay the ETF!  After arguing with her about it, her supervisor took $100 off. This is not acceptable.  Three different people told me no fee!

Expert

@HeadExploding wrote:

This same exact thing happened to me today. When I renewed my contract in October, I specifically asked and was told that if there was no service to the new address, there would be no fee.  If there was to be a fee, I was not going to renew.  I am moving in two weeks.  I’ve spoken with an agent twice in the last five days, and was told the same thing - no fee. Last night I called to give my shutoff date of March 8th. As soon as I hung up, all of my services were shut off.  I spent two hours on the phone and no one could fix it. And I work at home, which means I would not be able to work today. Called again this morning, and the rep fixed it within two minutes. BUT?  She told me I have to pay the ETF!  After arguing with her about it, her supervisor took $100 off. This is not acceptable.  Three different people told me no fee!

You can find the correct information about early termination fees here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

That’s ridiculous. Why should I have to pay a fee because they’re not in that area. If they were, I would have remained a customer. 

Official Employee

HeadExploding, apologies for your experience. I'd be happy to investigate what you were told and how that aligns with our policy to come up with a solution for you. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!