Community Forum

Re: Comcast <edited> advertising

New Poster

Let me start out by saying I have been a customer with xfinity for the past 6 months. I started with just a internet package. But as of last week I started the journey to add the outdoor Channel  to my current account over chat for my son that will be coming home from the Military  , and was told that if i wanted the Outdoor  Channel that i would need to upgrade and get a cable box and that it would be about $30.00 more a month. I agreed and set up for the equipment to be sent to me to install. well the day that I tried to set it up , I was told there was a outage in the area and i spent close to 2 hours on chat to try to set up and all with No success.  So Technician was sent out to fix the problem. well it was fixed and working , but when i started looking through the guide and went to watch it , It said I would need to upgrade for another $25.00 a month to get the Channel i was told by the first chat agent that would be included. So then again i spent a couple hours to chat with 2 indivuduals over chat and said that i could not downgrade and go back to my original package and if i wanted to get the specific channel i HAD no choice but to upgrade and pay close to $150.00 a month, for 1 channel that i was told was included in upgrade the first time.  needless to say i am dispappointed and lied to and in a contract for 12 months. I should have just stayed off the cable box wagon and just stayed with interenet and a firestick , like everyone else. 

Official Employee

Hello BDG19. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. We apologize for any miscommunication you have received. If you continue to need assistance with finding an offer / service package that better fits your needs, I can help. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi BDG19. Since I didn't get a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you continue to need help with this, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!