I've been experiencing a similar issue in Philadelphia beginning about 6-8 months ago and worsening over the last 2-3. First hop to a comcast server 184.108.40.206, showing significant packet loss 10-20%, average latency of 84 ms with frequent spikes of 250-380 ms. I've tested mostly, when I use it, which is at times between 8PM - 2AM. Second tech coming out tomorrow, I will update you if we hit a solution.
I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread.
Also: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.
Hello kmack39. I can help with the ongoing internet service issues you are experiencing. Please advise, has the technician visited your home yet? If so, how did it go?
The technician came this morning. He added a splitter onto the line coming into my modem to increase upstream power levels. He also identified an issue with one of the main lines out on the street, about a block away. He said that he requested service for that issue and it should be completed possibly today, if not within the next three days.
I don't know if they have a way to notify me if that service has been completed but I will continue to monitor the issue over the next few days.
And just to confirm in case it wasn't clear, the issue was still occuring at the time he left, so I am monitoring it to determine if it improves.
It seems we both have the high packet loss problem. Question for you -- you said the packet loss got really bad in the last 2-3 months.... Is it possible that you downgraded your service recently? I did and it appears that was the culprit combined with this thing called Bufferbloat. Try and turn on Quality of Service or Bandwidth Limits in your router and put the MB/s at or just under what you are paying for from Comcast. It fixed my problem. When I turn on QoS with the limits, problem goes away. As soon as I turn it off, problem back. Back on again, problem gone. Check out on the web about Bufferbloat, but limiting bandwidth of your router to match what you are paying from Comcast seems to fix it for me. Interesting if it could fix it for you.
Hi Foto, thanks for sharing. I haven't downgraded my service recently. Also, I have run tests for bufferbloat and also tried various QoS settings, and even different hardware. I don't believe this is my issue, but thanks again.
Hi @ComcastJoeTru, I would just like to confirm that the issue is still unresolved as of today. If you have any way to look into the service requests the technician made that would be a big help.