Community Forum

Re: Comcast Cable Line Fell of Pole

New Poster

My cable line fell from my pole yesterday / last night as well.  I am currently on the phone with Comcast/Xfinity support, and was told I might be charged a $60 installation fee.  This does not make sense to me.  The support person with whom I was speaking is currently speaking to her supervisor, hopefully to remove the possibility of having to pay for the line to be properly restored into the air.

I will report back soon.

New Poster

So apparently the only way I could get a technician out to my house to correct this issue (according to the customer support agent) is to accept and undergo the $60 "professional installation".  In her words, "If it turns out that the problem is not indeed related to something inside the house, you will be credited the $60 installation fee"

I don't understand.  The cable is literally laying across my yard / driveway and my internet was already installed / working perfectly, why do I have to go through this channel of a "professional installation" to get this issue resolved?  It's also going to be about 24 hours before someone comes out.  I don't know if my internet service is even still working (we are getting our hardwood floors redone, and had to unplug our modem / vacate the premises temporarily), but I will find out tomorrow when I return.

This is frustrating.

Official Employee

Hi m-andrew-albrig,  I am showing we had a technician out after this post, were they able to raise the cable and get your services fully working?

Thank you

New Poster

Thankfully, the technician was able to get the "professional install" item removed when he discovered that I was indeed not having any issues with my internet service, but the line was laying across my yard and driveway.

Whoever I had spoken with on the phone Thursday was adamant that I had to use the "professional install" route to get someone out to my house, which ended up being a full 24 hours after I had reported the issue.

Thanks for the response.

Official Employee

Thank you for the reply and update. Glad the technician was able to fully get this taken care of for you.   Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns in the future and we will gladly assist.

Thank you