Community Forum

Re: $60 installation fee for "failed Self-Install" that said would be waived - NOT!

New Poster

Re: $60 installation fee for "failed Self-Install" that said would be waived - NOT!

Same happen to me opt for self install and then got email saying technician needed to come out for wires. Never said it I’d have to do 60.00 why offer self install if then you say someone has to come out.
Highlighted
Expert

If your coax has been physically disconnected you need a tech. If you are moving into a place that already has an active line, then you don't need a tech. Comcast should know if the line is physically connected or not, but sometimes they don't. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @du3

Welcome to the forums. The information provided by @Nerdburg and @ComcastAmir is correct. However, I'd be more than happy to see if there's any way I can assist you. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!