Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Re: $500 Prepaid Card for Xfinity Internet retention + Mobile

Frequent Visitor

Hello Ken, 

Can you also help me out with this issue as well. Thank you. 

Admin1

Hi madrid09 -- I can help with that card issue. Can you provide the details of your offer please?

Frequent Visitor

Current Internet customers in good standing are eligible for a $500 prepaid card if they activate a new XFINITY Mobile account. 

I would like to purchase a new phone, open a new line and port in my existing cell phone number. I am a current Triple Play Bundle customer. 

Admin1

madrid09 -- The mailer you got with that offer will have a phone number attached to it. Calling that number is how this offer gets applied to your account. 

Frequent Visitor

Hi Zach,

I acutally threw away the offer - I was hoping someone could confirm that I will receive the card for I purchase a new phone. 

Thanks -

Most Valued Poster

ComcastZack and/or ComcastKen

Talking to mobile cust svc on the phone about this issue is like talking to myself. They can't seem to give me a straight answer to what seems to me to be a simple question. My question is: I have triple play from Xfinity. Am I eligible for the $200 Visa or what is now a $500 Visa offer if I sign up for Mobile?

The mailers I got for the $200 could not be more vague. The ad I saw on TV last night was the first I have seen for the $500 card and it stated something about 'existing triple play customers' . I was in bed so didn't write it down.

I have seen the following words more times that I care to remember about the new Mobile service in general and this only muddies the water more:"It's initially only available for Comcast Xfinity's existing 25 million internet customers and any new customers who sign up for the service. The company hasn’t announced plans to expand the option for users without Comcast Xfinity."  HUH?

From Xfinity mobile site:

Just Add XFINITY Mobile To Any Qualifying Triple Play Package.   

BUT then it goes on to say 'new residential customers only' and then emphasizes that....

How to get your $500 Visa® Prepaid Card
1. Purchase any qualifying Triple Play
2. Go to my.xfinity.com to create an account
3. Sign-up for XFINITY Mobile service, purchase a new phone, port your current number and activate at least one line within 7 days of installation

Get your $500 Visa® Prepaid Card mailed directly to your current service address!

-------------------------------

From CNET: You must be a Comcast broadband customer to sign up for the Xfinity Mobile service. Why? A couple of reasons. For one, the service uses a combination of Comcast Wi-Fi service and cellular service from Verizon. So when you're at home, your calls will be routed over your home broadband network, and when you're out and about and not near one of Comcast's commercial Wi-Fi hotspots, you'll roam on to Verizon's cellular network.

But the other reason is that Comcast sees Xfinity Mobile as a supplement to its broadband service and it views mobile service as an add-on that'll help keep you loyal to its service.

Ok....If I am currently a broadband customer then I am not a new residential customer.

BOTTOM line...is there or is there not a Visa gift card available to a current residential customer who already has broadband/internet/triple play with Comcast or once again are current customers to get no break at all to sign up for Mobile? Please don't tell me to call them...been there..done that. I want to go to the service center but if I have to 'take a number' and wait a long time like I have in the past and then have them tell me there is no Visa card offer for loyal existing customers I am going to scream. HELP please.

Most Valued Poster

madrid09 wrote:

Current Internet customers in good standing are eligible for a $500 prepaid card if they activate a new XFINITY Mobile account. 

I would like to purchase a new phone, open a new line and port in my existing cell phone number. I am a current Triple Play Bundle customer. 

See my post to Ken and Zack please. I included offer 'speak'.  I don't think we current triple play customers are eligible for any of the prepaid card offers but I want to hear from them. I trust them a lot more than calling to speak about this  as those calls have given me ajuta and from what I read on another thread about this..ajuta is rampant.

New Poster

How do i get the prepaid visa? I have mobile and internet and cable
Official Employee

Hi all, 

As you all may already know, this offer is available to two different types of customers.:

1. New residential customers who also want to get XFINITY Mobile 

2. Existing customers who are given the option by our retention team. 

We are not able to offer you this promotion via the forums. If you are an existing customer who would like to receive this offer, that is offered by our Retention Team. 

Most Valued Poster

ComcastKenF wrote:

Hi all, 

As you all may already know, this offer is available to two different types of customers.:

1. New residential customers who also want to get XFINITY Mobile 

2. Existing customers who are given the option by our retention team. 

We are not able to offer you this promotion via the forums. If you are an existing customer who would like to receive this offer, that is offered by our Retention Team. 

Thanks for the info Ken...much appreciated. Is there a direct number to reach them? I have gotten them before to try to avoid bundle increases but have to jump over and thru hoops to get that dept on the phone thru cust svc. What do you recommend as the best way to reach them. Thanks again....

Official Employee

Good question, TerriB. I don't know of a direct line to retention. I believe you do have to be transferred there. 

Most Valued Poster

ComcastKenF wrote:

Good question, TerriB. I don't know of a direct line to retention. I believe you do have to be transferred there. 

I hope I can convince them to transfer me. They  don't like to 'let you go' once you calland the initial contact NEVER is willing to work with me on anything that makes my bill lighter. They pretend retention doesn't exist and always tell me there is nothing they can do for me even when I threaten to go to FIOS. You did help me with that a few months ago and I am still very appreciative.

Official Employee

ComcastKenF wrote:

I hope I can convince them to transfer me. They  don't like to 'let you go' once you calland the initial contact NEVER is willing to work with me on anything that makes my bill lighter. They pretend retention doesn't exist and always tell me there is nothing they can do for me even when I threaten to go to FIOS. You did help me with that a few months ago and I am still very appreciative.

It's my pleasure. I'll be here to help with anything else in the future! 

Silver Problem Solver

TerriB wrote:

ComcastKenF wrote:

What always works for me is going through the automated questions as if to cancel service, you should be put through to retention or whatever they are called these days.

Most Valued Poster

Paraniod wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastKenF wrote:

What always works for me is going through the automated questions as if to cancel service, you should be put through to retention or whatever they are called these days.

Sounds like a plan! Anything it takes to get to someone who might care about keeping us as a customer instead of just offering great deals for new customers.

Frequent Visitor

What is the phone number to get this offer?

Most Valued Poster

RShad wrote:

What is the phone number to get this offer?

There is no special number to call.  You have to call customer service and either ask strongly for the retention dept or like Paranoid said earlier......go thru the prompts like you are going to drop Comcast and you should be connected to retention dept.

Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [personal identifying information]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [personal identifying information]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

Hello Zach,

I got a new xfinity mobile right after Thanksgiving, when can I expect my $500 Visa card?

Thanks!

Most Valued Poster

Vikstr wrote:

Hello Zach,

I got a new xfinity mobile right after Thanksgiving, when can I expect my $500 Visa card?

Thanks!

Vikstr, May I ask if you added xfinity mobile to an Xfinity bundle you already had or were you a new Xfinity internet customer? I  ask this because from all many of us were told you have to be a new customer to get the Visa. Thanks

Official Employee

Vikstr, qualifying customers can track their card orders here: http://xfinityrewardcenter.com