Community Forum

Random Credit Check

New Poster

Random Credit Check

Our Xfinity account is only under my name but Comcast did a credit check on my Wife 2 times in the last month. When we called support they said she needed to fill out a fraud form but I am unable to locate it. Please help.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Random Credit Check

Hi @thechad50 

Here is the info you seek: https://www.xfinity.com/idtheftclaimform

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Welcome, thechad50. Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about what happened with the credit check on your wife. If it was in error, we have a way to correct it. Instead of a fraud claim, we actually just open a "credit check in error" request in order to work on getting it reversed. Let me know if you'd like help with that. A fraud claim would be used in other circumstances if you had no idea where the credit check came from and were in fear someone else was using her information. That doesn't seem to be the case here. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, thechad50! I ended up not hearing back from you on this and I went ahead and completed this interaction. If you end up needing further support with it, please feel free to send me a PM. Have a good one. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.