Community Forum

Ran Credit HARD hit without permission and was lied to

New Poster

Ran Credit HARD hit without permission and was lied to

Hello,

First of all I have been a Comcast customer for years in IL and I recently moved to MD and signed up for Comcast again after a brief break. I do not lease equipment and was not offered a deposit to prevent a credit inquiry. The sales agent on the phone when asked for my SSN, I specifically confirmed twice if they’ll be running a hard hit but I was assured by them that it’ll just be a soft hit. After a few weeks when I checked my credit report it turns out it was a hard hit after all, this is really frustrating , my credit score went down because of this and it happened without my permission and I was extra careful by asking it twice but I was lied to. This is nothing but cheating. I called the credit bureau and they told me that Comcast needs to contact them to recede the credit request in order for that to be removed from my credit report. The only option they said I have to dispute it is by filing a police report.<br><br>So I am requesting Comcast to please get this removed from credit report as it happened without my authorization and after being lied about, if not the only option I have is to file a police report. < Personal Information >

Official Employee

Re: Ran Credit HARD hit without permission and was lied to

Hi NJDJ,

I can help address your concerns. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.