Community Forum

Quoted # to run 1/4 mile of line to my house, after i said yes, price jumped 1300%. Help!!

New Poster

Quoted # to run 1/4 mile of line to my house, after i said yes, price jumped 1300%. Help!!

So we have been a long time comcast client. Moved to a new house. I checked my address online, said I could get service, no problem. Set up install. Tech showed up, reviewed lines, said it isn't run to my house pole.

It stops at both streets on either side of me, neither being more than a 1/4 mile away. He had tech supervisor come out and review. The tech advised me $1500 to run dedicated line to my house, gave me ticket # and phone #.

Every time I call phone # it sayd office closed. No one can find the ticket # he gave me bc apparently it is a tech #? I don't know, thats what local office said.

I have been trying to reach someone to schedule the line to be run for 4 weeks.

I went to local office, they sent emails to all tech supervisors in area. No one called me back. 

I came home to find a comcast rep here doing site survey who said he would be in touch. 3 weeks later nothing.

I went back to local office.

They couldnt find my address or phone number or anything in system. Then they did, but no new info. EXCEPT to say I don't know how you were quoted $1500. Well, if she couldnt even find me in system, how did she know there is a problem with my quote?

Then today she calls me back to say she spoke to tech supervisor, and it will cost $20,000 to run the dedicated line.

WHAT??????? How can it increase that much after I already said yes, lets do it. There are only 4 houses on our street wuthout service, between 2 cross streets that do have service. They all want comcast. 

How can I get someone to come out here and talk to me face to face, becasue all the info either keeps disappearing or changing.

Can anyone Help please????

Expert

Re: Quoted # to run 1/4 mile of line to my house, after i said yes, price jumped 1300%. Help!!

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: Quoted # to run 1/4 mile of line to my house, after i said yes, price jumped 92%. Help!!

Hi jkrieg, I can review this further on my side for you, could you  please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you