Community Forum

Question And complaint

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Question And complaint

Question why is Xfinity hasn’t changed their 1 TB when they should be up to 2 TB by now this is 2020 I think it’s time for Xfinity to go up to 2 TB but that also means don’t be gouging people on 2 TB keep the price the same for Internet access like it is right now but go up to 2 TB we got all these streaming platforms like Netflix Hulu and so much more and people playing video games all the time 1 TB is not enough anymore this should’ve been changed along time ago and 2018 I would love to see this change happen not for just me but everybody else that has the big package for up to 1 TB at this time please take this as a complaint I understand about what’s going on with COVID-19 and with everybody using the Internet right now and they’re waving over the fees which is very awesome but I think in this world we need more Internet more than ever and I forgot to mention we also have people that do FaceTime as well that’s a lot of Internet usage Gets used up very quickly If anybody agrees with me please post down below
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Question And complaint

So, it's okay for Comcast to upgrade their infrastructure at significant cost, but not to pass along that cost to customers.  Yeah, okay.

[I do get your point, however.]

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

So what do you mean by however? I’m always open for an improvement of what I said
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I’m a little surprised you haven’t replied back yet I asked a question I was hoping you would tell me what you meant
Highlighted
Expert

@fearmf wrote:
I’m a little surprised you haven’t replied back yet I asked a question I was hoping you would tell me what you meant

I'm not an employee so I dn't get paid to be here, which means I'm here when I want to be here; I do have a life outside of these forums.  Sorry.

And the sentence shouldn't need explaining.  Would it have been more clear had I said "However, I do get your point." after pointing out why your bill increases and doesn't stay the same?

Again, it costs Comcast money to upgrade systems to do what you'd like and those costs are passed on to the customer.  You want 2TB of data at a 1TB price: "but that also means don’t be gouging people on 2 TB keep the price the same for Internet access like it is right now" and that probably will not happen, although it's good to dream.

So, right now, if you want more than 1TB of data per month, you can pay the extra $50 per month, or whatever it might be in your area, for completely unlimited data.  Then you can stream and play games to your hearts content.

I get your point, however.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!