Community Forum

Purchased the 1gbps speed because the agent told me that the service had no monthly data cap

New Poster

Purchased the 1gbps speed because the agent told me that the service had no monthly data cap

Like the title states I purchased the 1gbps speed because the agent told me that they service had no monthly data cap (I have saved the chat and attached a screenshot to this post). I checked my account the next day and noticed that I still have a cap so I contacted comcast support via chat. They let me know that the agent that helped me upgrade was wrong and that I do have a cap. Also in the FAQs it staes that the gigabit pro tier has not data cap https://dataplan.xfinity.com/faq/ . It is stated twice on the page (included a screenshot of one of the mentions). I had to contact customer care via phone number who also said they could not remove the cap and that all they could do was lower my speeds to 250 and sell me a $50 package to remove the cap. I am taken back that they were not able to make good with their promises via chat or via their information on their own website.

xfinity data cap policies.JPG
New Poster

Re: Purchased the 1gbps speed because the agent told me that they service had no monthly data cap

Here's the chat transcript screenshot. It didnt attache in my original post

xfinity transcipt screenshot.JPG
Expert

Re: Purchased the 1gbps speed because the agent told me that the service had no monthly data cap

What you highlighted specifically says it's for Business Class Internet, not residential.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

Re: Purchased the 1gbps speed because the agent told me that the service had no monthly data cap

Gigabit Pro is Comcast's fiber offering and does not have a usage plan. The Gigabit speed tier (not fiber) is subject to usage plans. Comcast will not give you free unlimited data, even if a rep made a misstatement.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

@ wrote:

What you highlighted specifically says it's for Business Class Internet, not residential.

Actually it states "OR to Xfinity customers on our gigabit pro tier of service". 

New Poster

@ wrote:

Gigabit Pro is Comcast's fiber offering and does not have a usage plan. The Gigabit speed tier (not fiber) is subject to usage plans. Comcast will not give you free unlimited data, even if a rep made a misstatement.

I understand that now but while I was purchasing the service the agent told me that I was to get one thing but what I received was much different. The wording on the faq site is also horrible. Gigabit pro tier of service to me looks like they are talking about gig service. This is far from the truth though as you have to have the 2 gig service in order to qualify. 

I officially downgraded to my previous service and am paying 50 more to lift the cap. If there were other options out here I would be shopping.

Expert

wrote: 

I officially downgraded to my previous service and am paying 50 more to lift the cap. If there were other options out here I would be shopping.

I'm right there with you. I'm no fan of the "usage plans." I haven't hit the cap yet but suspect I will when I get a 4K TV. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.