Community Forum

Property damage to yard and driveway

New Poster

Property damage to yard and driveway

I writing in reference to  property damage claim 045288594, which was initiated on 1/26/18 in regards to damage to my property by a Comcast subcontractor while burying my cable line.  My newly laid sod was driven on by a vehicle or large piece of machinery and in the process it rutted my yard and damaged my new sod, also during the process of driving the vehicle or machine on my driveway it broke off pieces of the side of my driveway.  

After a week back and forth calls with Comcast Customer Service I was called (678-882-9022) by the employee of the subcontractor who did the damage who said he would go out to my home and inspect the damage and if there was he was going to “Stomp down” my grass to fix the ruts.  I  informed the individual that he could go and take pictures but at no time was he to attempt any repair to my yard without my approval which I did not give.  On 2/6/18 this individual visited my home and was observed by my camera system (recording and pictures available), stomping and pulling up the sod in my yard.  I phone the individual who stated when asked what he found he said that there was no damage to my yard and that he didn’t cause the damage to my driveway.  When I advised the individual that i had video evidence of him further damaging my property in the course of trying to correct the initial damage he promptly hung up on me.  I contacted his supervisor Greg Hatch (770-900-0749) and asked him about what his employee told him about my yard and the damage and he stated that he was told that he went out and no damage was noted, i then informed Mr Hatch of the video and photo evidence of his employee further damaging my yard and he said he would call me back.  I received a phone call back from Mr Hatch who stated that he would be out at my home on 2/9/18 to view the damage.  

On 2/7/18 I made contact with the customer solutions team at Comcast and was informed that your insurance company Liberty Mutual would be taking over the damage claim and when I asked about the subcontractor coming to my house on 2/9/18 i was informed to call him back and cancel him because it was not his place to be coming out to my homeland that I would be contacted by a claims rep within 5 days and that my claim was expedited due to the length of time handling my claim and the treated I had received so far concerning this matter.  I contacted Customer solutions this morning 2/20/18 to follow up because yet again I had not relied a phone call as promised and was informed that I would have to wait up to 30 days for a response and when I gave the rep the above claim number (045288594) I was told that that claim had been closed as of 1/26/18, which explains why nothing has been done in regards to my claim.  I was then given a new claim number 045537919 and to wait to be contacted by the claims dept who is only reachable by email and no phone number is available. 

I find it hard to believe that a company that is as large as Comacst/Xfinity has this level of terrible customer service and poor regard  for your customers.  While I truly enjoy your produc,t almost every time I have to deal with your customer service team it results in broken promises, non-returned phones and loads of aggravation and frustration. As of todayI have over 8 hours of time on the phone trying to take care of this matter and have gotten no where.  Please handle this matter immediately before i retain legal counsel for the damage caused to my home and make this a legal matter.

Expert

Re: Property damage to yard and driveway

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Property damage to yard and driveway

Hi, colivero - My apologies for your experience. I do see the notes on the account from the Customer Solutions Team and they are working on the resolution. I received your private message with account information and will respond back in a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience!