Community Forum

Property damage claim

New Poster

Property damage claim

My dog fence was cut in several places while a line was burried. The contractor claimed he could repair it but as soon as it rained it shorted out. Now customer serverice is not helping nor the contractor returning my calls. I now want invisible fence to repair the line correctly. How do i file a claim?
Valued Contributor

Re: Property damage claim

Typically private utilities such as sprinkler systems and dog fences are the property owners responsibility to mark and aren't covered under a one-call system to mark public utilities.  Out of curiosity were the lines marked or contractors notified about the lines before the work was performed?  

Your best bet would be to contact customer service on the issue who will generate a ticket for the local office to investigate and work something out with you.  

New Poster

Yeah when the tech ran the new line I made sure to tell him there was a dog fence burried around the property and he put it in the notes for the contractor who was coming. After the dig, the contractor came back out and made the repair of the line but as soon as it rained it shorted it out. Obviously they didn’t repair it correctly. Now I’m trying again to get it repaired.
Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

speedracer702, I can help with your damage claim. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.