Community Forum

Property Damage by negligent Comcast Crew

New Poster

Property Damage by negligent Comcast Crew

A comcast crew snuck onto my business property on a Saturday morning at 7am with no prior notice or warning.  I caught them digging 5 large holes in my asphalt parking lot...not in the easement!  I called the police and have a police report documenting the incident. How do I make a claim for repair?

0476D7B7-A4E7-4AC9-8661-5FC12DA9AAA2.jpeg
D2C3D3F4-8246-421E-B39A-D38B0E8BA15B.jpeg
Expert

Re: Property Damage by negligent Comcast Crew

It's right under the utility lines next to the road! That's exactly where the utility easement is located. When they get done with the work they will restore your parking lot to its former condition. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Expert

FWIW, they didn't "sneak onto your business property".  They have the right to access their lines any time of day without warning or approval.  They also did this during daylight hours, didn't access the area behind any fence, and weren't hidden from sight, so they weren't trespassing.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Valued Contributor

The look on the red shirt guys face.. "Yeah Boss, we got another one claiming he owns the world, and we are 'sabotaging' their lines! Ok, continue working? Roger"
Official Employee

Hi @Chastings9010

The information provided above is correct. If you have any other concerns in the future, please feel free to reach out.