Community Forum

Property Damage by Subcontractor

Regular Visitor

Property Damage by Subcontractor

One of Comcast's subcontractors did work in our alley relating to the laying of a new line to the Japanese Embassy at 2520 Massachusetts Avenue.  In the course of digging the trench, their trencher-tractor backed into a large terracotta pot of ours, breaking the pot and denting the downspout of the gutter on our garden shed.  We spoke with the workers, their supervisor, and Comcast, and have received no response.  Comcast told us they were "escalating" the matter and would have a supervisor call us.  That was five days ago.  The damage total is $418.19.  

How do we get reimbursed?

Expert

Re: Property Damage by Subcontractor

@hemorales1 wrote:

One of Comcast's subcontractors did work in our alley relating to the laying of a new line to the Japanese Embassy at 2520 Massachusetts Avenue.  In the course of digging the trench, their trencher-tractor backed into a large terracotta pot of ours, breaking the pot and denting the downspout of the gutter on our garden shed.  We spoke with the workers, their supervisor, and Comcast, and have received no response.  Comcast told us they were "escalating" the matter and would have a supervisor call us.  That was five days ago.  The damage total is $418.19.  

How do we get reimbursed?

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi hemorales1, I can review any open ticket for you and let you know what I show on my side.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you 

Official Employee

Hi humorales1, thank you for working with me through private message and glad I could submit a ticket for you.  Please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you