Community Forum

Property Damage Claim

Regular Visitor

Property Damage Claim

I arrived home and noticed two comcast field service trucks in my driveway.  They were responding to gerenal service issues, nothing to do with my specific service.  They only came and asked for permission to be there when we approached them.  After they were done, both trucks left.  One of the trucks returned 10 minutes later and when I appraoched them, he finally showed me there was some property damage that he caused (crushed an aluminum ladder in my driveway).  He asked if I wanted to process a claim and I said I did.  He forwarded to his "supervisor" and said I woul dbe contacted in 24-48 hours.  It has now been a week and the field agent repeatedly is ignoring my efforts to get resolved.  I resorted to online customer service chat and they directed me to the 1-800 number which is all automated and has no ability to address personal property damage in my experience.  

I find it distrubing that Comcast felt entitled to my private property as their access point to their service issues without forewarning.  Even more disturbing that it is taking so long to have a claim processed when we all know they can raise your rate in the blink of an eye.

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Property Damage Claim

cj10se wrote:

I find it distrubing that Comcast felt entitled to my private property as their access point to their service issues without forewarning.

Yeah, that dosen't sit well with a lot of folks. Truth be told though, they typically are working in the utility easment and they don't need your permission to be there. If you are a Comcast customer, you've already given them premission to be there. 

Even more disturbing that it is taking so long to have a claim processed when we all know they can raise your rate in the blink of an eye.

They raise the rates once a year so I guess anything under a year in terms of damages claims is pretty good 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hi cj10se, I can assist you with processing a damage claim for your personal property. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcatsAmir) and then "private message me"?

Regular Visitor

I am struggling to send you a private message.  When I click that option it will not allow me to type in the private message field.  Would love to process this claim ASAP.  

Regular Visitor

Week 2 of struggling to file a property damage claim..

I have been given the run around for two weeks now on making a property damage claim.  It was supposed to be filed that day by the field rep who ran over my aluminum ladder.  He never followed up, not did his supervisor.  The chat forum agent requested I PM him and subsequently the PM feature was disabled on the forum.  So, back to square one and nobody helping.  

Fascinating how Comcast is allowed to maintain a monopoly in our market and have no competitve pressures, or obligations to perform.  They dont miss a beat when it comes to collections and billing.  

Expert

Re: Week 2 of struggling to file a property damage claim..

I've asked an employee to help you again. I also let them know about your PM issues. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello cj10se, I sent a private message to you from my end. Please input your account information there so that we can get your damage claim processed. 

Official Employee

Thank you, I created a ticket that will go to our insurance department to have your damaged property replaced. I sent you a private message with the ticket details. 

Official Employee

Hi cj10se, I show that we have a property damage claim in progress. Have you been contacted by our corporate department for further instructions? 

Regular Visitor

I have not - nothing.

Will be offering the chat forum my perspective on week 3 of struggling to file property damage
Official Employee

Hi cj10se,

I've reached out to your local damage claims department for an update on the status of your claim. I will reach out as soon as I receive an update from them, and provide you with more information about regarding our next steps. Thanks for your patience while we work to get this resolved. 

Regular Visitor

I have since been contacted but nothing more.  I was promised a credit would be applied yet they have not posted anything onmy account nor have they followed up as they indicated they would.  Criminal

Official Employee

Hi cj10se, I can look further into this for you and make sure you get the credits promised applied to your account. First I need to verify your account information, can you please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

New Poster

We have the same problem, going on 3 weeks after multiple phones calls, some lasting 4 hours.  It's always my "Supervisor" and you will receive a call back within "24-48" hours. Also heard I can't give you the name of the supervisor of the property damage claims department.  We were having wifi issues, computer internet working fine.  The new box blew my ethernet connection on my computer and damaged my computer.  Now I do not have a computer (typing on an old laptop which is taking forever).  Shameful customer service from Comcast.  

Regular Visitor

Happened in February of 2017. Still no response. MULTIPLE phone calls from both me and wife.
Official Employee

Hi lenza123, I can assist you with getting your damage claim addressed and resolved by our insurance department. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

cj10se, I can look into your ticket as well and update you on our progress. Can you also send me a private message with your account information.