Community Forum

Property Damage Claim

Highlighted
New Poster

Property Damage Claim

I'm having trouble getting a damage claim resolved. Here's the story so far:

BACKGROUND:

Thursday, 2/1/2018 - Xfinity crew came to dig a trench and bury a cable in my backyard, at my request (When we originally ordered service a year proir, the original cable was just left layed across my yard).

WEEK 1:
Saturday, 4/28/2018 - While testing my in-ground sprinkler system, I discovered that 3 underground sprinkler lines had ben cut along the path of the new buried cable. I now cannot turn on the water main to my sprinklers without flooding my back yard near my house's foundation.

Sunday, 4/29/2018 - I made a call to Comcast customer support and opened a damage claim. I was told I would be contacted within 24 hours.

Monday, 4/30/2018 - Recieved call from Comcast. The representative informed me that their department could not process my claim, and they would transfer it to someone who specifically contracted out sprinker repair jobs.

Wednesday, 5/2/2018 - Recieved call from local Xfinity technician (the same one who originally trenched the cable on 2/1). He made an appointment for 5/4/2018 to come by my house to check the damage.

Friday, 5/4/2018 - Xfinity technician does not show up for the appointment. Phone calls to the technician went unanswered, voicemails ignored.

WEEK 2:
Monday, 5/7/2018 - I called the Xfinity customer support line. The representative I talked to was unable to look up the status of my existing damage claim, but instead put in a new one. He told me this claim would be escalated and I would recieve a call back in 24 hours.

Tuesday, 5/8/2018 - I did not recieve a call-back after 24 hours, I called Xfninty customer support again to check the status of my claim. This representative was able to look up my ticket and see that it had been opened, but there was no other information provided. She asked if I would wait another day or so for a callback. I explained that this was a time-sensitive issue. After a brief hold, she explained to me that she had her supervisor escalate the ticket, but it would still be another day or 2 before I would recieve a call back. This is my first time recieving an actual ticket number.

It seems like I'm not able to do anything to move progress forward on this issue. I can't afford to keep waiting for someone to call back while Comcast repeatedly breaks their SLA's. I'm considering just contracting someone else to do the repairs, but I'm worried the process to get reimbursed by Comcast will be even more difficult than trying to get them to fix the damage.

Tags (1)
Admin1

Re: Property Damage Claim

Hi Twnrti -- I can help you with your damage claim. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either account number or linked phone number. I'll get a proper damage claim created for you.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.