Community Forum

Promotions for existing customers

New Poster

Promotions for existing customers

I am a long time Comcast customer. I have the Xfinity X1 Triple Play with Starz, a DVR and one additional outlet. I am paying $225.00 plus per month. I have seen numerous advertisements for a Triple Play promotion consisting of X1 DVR service, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, TMC, Streampix, Sports package, 3 additional outlets, 200 mbps internet and phone with unlimited calling for $199.00 per month for two years with a $200 gift card.... how do I take advantage of this or a similar offer? I have seen many competetive offers from Verizon Fios, as well. Is it time to move on from Comcast or is there someone who can help me? 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Promotions for existing customers

Same here! I am also a long time customer and wanting to upgrade my internet but it seems like there's no available promo options.

New Poster

Verizon has some great ones... might be time to switch. The only contact by an Admin I've had was someone moved my post to here. I'll give them another day or so to answer, but, I have to admit, I am disappointed that I haven't received a response from Comcast, yet.

Frequent Visitor

It's just so sad and disappointing that they'd rather watch existing customers leave than retain their loyalty to the service... We are loyal paying customers and we wouldn't even be starting to look into switching providers if they at least offer us great deals just like the competitors.

New Poster

Over 24 hours and no response... it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. I've never even thought about switching cable providers before. I've had Comcast for years... but, I guess, they aren't interested in keeping their long time customers.

Problem Solver

epearle wrote:

It's just so sad and disappointing that they'd rather watch existing customers leave than retain their loyalty to the service... We are loyal paying customers and we wouldn't even be starting to look into switching providers if they at least offer us great deals just like the competitors.

The other providers give the same deals as Comcast.  Low teaser rates for limited time then jump the rate higher.  A rep from Dish laughed at me for asking for the promo rate. Told me I already got a discount and should be happy for that.

Problem Solver

barbara229 wrote:

Over 24 hours and no response... it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. I've never even thought about switching cable providers before. I've had Comcast for years... but, I guess, they aren't interested in keeping their long time customers.

Have you called the retention dept. and asked what the current offers for your area are?

New Poster

I tried this evening, bbut, no agents available until the morning. I will call first thing and speak with someone. I am just surprised and disappointed. Comcast has been very good to me up to this point. I've never had an issue with them. I hear all of the horror stories and I guess I've just been lucky. I let you all know how it turns out after I call. Thank you.

Official Employee

Hi, barbara229. I can help review your account for available promotions. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and the phone number associated with your account so I can assist. To send me a private message click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me.

Official Employee
New Poster

Just had a frustrating time with customer support. I'm trying to downgrade my service to make it affordable and it seems you can't do that. I get charged $10 for a home phone but when I asked to take that off, the rep said it wouldn't save me money. Huh? I'm just over the 2 year promotion. I was always able to renegotiate with Verizon to keep my bill down; it was only around $120 a month, for 150 channels, FIOS internet, and phone. Guess I need to play the game and switch.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

New Poster

Max, 

What if the "private message" thing doesn't seem to be working? I click on your name, then the Private Message option and it just takes me back to a search window to ask a question. I also tried hovering the cursor over your name and selecting "message me" from there but it also doesn't work. Clearly this is an issue that plagues a lot of us customers. I'm looking forward to whatever help you can provide.

Regular Visitor

Same. private message doesn't work for me. I click on your name it just goes back to a search window to ask a question.

Regular Visitor

damonwinters wrote:

Max, 

What if the "private message" thing doesn't seem to be working? I click on your name, then the Private Message option and it just takes me back to a search window to ask a question. I also tried hovering the cursor over your name and selecting "message me" from there but it also doesn't work. Clearly this is an issue that plagues a lot of us customers. I'm looking forward to whatever help you can provide.

Looks like you can go to the top right next to your avatar and there is a little mail box, there's a option to put in a name and sent a private message from their.

Official Employee

Hello @damonwinters and @candycane2500. I have gone through and verified your Private Message abilities are set to on. To send us a private message, please click on our name, in my case "ComcastJoeTru" and then click "Private Message Me". You can send over your information and concerns so our team can help. 

Thank you. 

Official Employee