Community Forum

Promotional rate ended! Need to "re-negotiate" my plan.

New Poster

Promotional rate ended! Need to "re-negotiate" my plan.

I have been with Comcast since before they were Comcast here in ABQ (Jones Intercable 1987).  I hate that they put me on "promotional plans" that end and then my bill goes up $35-$40 a month. Then I have to go thru the process of calling and talking to some customer service agent that is typically unsympathetic and happy to see you cancel your service rather than try to find a solution.  I talked with some jerk yesterday that said all the robot type things they teach them in their training but then  was happy to cancel my service when I refused the new plan (higher price) he was offering. Arrogant jerk. Used to be you could get transferred to their retention people and they were very good at working with you to keep your business. I don't want to have to call in every year or 2 years! Now I can't look at changing my options online because they say I have an order pending. My cancellation order! I don't want to call and get another worthless CS agent. Plus I cannot stand calling their customer service. Its more frustrating than helpful most of the time. And try calling a different dept. Impossible. You always have to go thru customer service and they always try to "deal" with you rather than transfer you to another dept. Worst customer service ever. I just need to find  a way of lowering my "new" monthly bill. 

Official Employee

Re: Promotional rate ended! Need to "re-negotiate" my plan.

Hello tbud88. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. We certainly value your business, opinions, and feedback. We sincerely apologize for your recent experience while contacting us. Regarding promotional discounted offers, we offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. 

We certainly value your business and don't want to see you go. I can assist you with an account review to see what offers are available to better suit your needs. If you would like this assistance, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Promotional rate ended! Need to "re-negotiate" my plan.

Hi tbud88. Since I didn't get a response from you, this thread has been locked. We would like the opportunity to work with you on your account rates. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you continue to need help with this, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!