Community Forum

Promotional offers

New Poster

Promotional offers

I only have basic internet service, no TV, no bells and whistles.  I get all the movies and news I need with basic internet, Netflix and Amazon Prime.  I keep getting mailed xfinity promitional offers with TV, Showtime and HBO.  "Youre a valued xfinity customer and we want to share this special offer with you.  Act now to get Internet Plus Choice... blah, blah, blah...".  When I call to sign up (twice now) the agent says it is only for new customers.  I ask to talk to a supervisor (twice now).  The supervisor is very apologetic and confirms the promotion is only for new customers... I remind him of the "You're a valued xfinity customer" salutation and then I go over what it would cost me for all the services in the $49.99 promotion.  Well, it totals around $75!  "Do you want to sign up?"  What!  First you send me a reward offer, then you pull it, then you ask if I still want to sign up at a $25 premium over what a new customer pays!!  How's this for rewarding customer loyalty!  It is simply a "Bait and Switch" scam.  Has anyone else experienced this?  How about this:  I will quit xfinity and sign up as a new customer...

Official Employee

Re: Promotional offers

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.