Community Forum

Promotional Department Number

Giao
New Poster

Promotional Department Number

I just received a call from Xfinity Comcast (800) 934 - 6489 offering a promotion for 2 years if I pay $200 for the next 4 mths. up front.  They gave me a call back number and I wanted to verify if it was actually Comcast / Xfinity before calling - (888) 203-6846 ext. 2.

MNtundraRET
Expert

Re: Promotional Department Number

@Giao wrote:

I just received a call from Xfinity Comcast (800) 934 - 6489 offering a promotion for 2 years if I pay $200 for the next 4 mths. up front.  They gave me a call back number and I wanted to verify if it was actually Comcast / Xfinity before calling - (888) 203-6846 ext. 2.

This sounds like a phishing scam to me.   Do not call that number.   They would likely ask for a credit card number to get the $200./month, or worse.

If this is legit, calling 1-800-XFINITY should get someone who knows actual promotions. Otherwise; go to your nearest Xfinity Store. They can check you actual records there.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
ComcastBrie
Official Employee

Re: Promotional Department Number

Hi there! I can definitely check the account and see if we have any promotions available, however we do not expect customers to pay several months in advance upfront--unless there is a written off balance with a closed accounts. In some cases, we also have a repayment plan for customers who have been affected by the COVID-19 crisis as well.

Could you send me a private message including your first and last name and the numbers associated with your service address. If you don't currently have services, we can look up a prior account as well. To send me a private message, click on "ComcastBrie" and then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!