Community Forum

Projector mod- Xfinity App

Regular Visitor

Projector mod- Xfinity App

i got a projector mod for my Droid phone bcuz i travel alot and would like to watch my cable subscription - DVR and sports teams on something bigger than my phone but my xfinity app will not let me use the projector mod - i guess due to licensing?? that doesn't make sense to me since it's my cable subscription i am paying for so i should be able to watch on any device that i own. it's bad enough that I can't watch all my programing on my phone - "in home only" channels.
at least i should be able to watch my DVR programs with the projector mod on my phone
i know the mod works with utube and Google play but i got it for mainly xfinity app...
Any help or ideas??

thanx
Official Employee

Re: Projector mod- Xfinity App

Hello nativebuff68, I understand that you want to stream content from our app using your new projector modification but we don't support mirroring or enlarging the picture in anyway. If you would like to stream your services to a bigger screen you can get purchase a Tivo or a Roku, these devices will connect to your TV's or projectors to display on a larger screen like a cable box. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!