Community Forum

Professional Install fee...technician visit

New Poster

Professional Install fee...technician visit

I was charged a $70 professional install fee after being told I would not. I have my own router so I did my own set up, but alas no internet. The code the router gave me was that issue was outside of the home. When I called the customer service the wonderful woman I spoke with said I would only be charged the install fee IF the issue was inside my home. If the issue was outside there would not be a fee and the tech would decide that on site. I told her i will not pay a fee for install, i would do that myself. She assured me I would only be charged if there was an issue inside. Tech came out, no issues inside, he fixed the main line outside my home and I set up my own router inside. I asked before he left to make sure the issue was outside then he said yes it was. I opened my bill today and there is a $70 Professional Install In Home Service Visit. I called in to get it fixed. She reviewed my visit and told me that I agreed via text and that the tech installed a new outlet. Both of those statements are a lie. I have 1 outlet in my apartment and it is old and had been painted over several times. I looked in my text messages just to make sure I did not forget, nope no text agreeing to it. She again reviewed it and said they cannot remove the fee, any time there is as technician visit there is a $70 fee even if the problem is with the outside lines. She told me they are a business and they have to charge to send a tech. What! The problem is with YOUR equipment not mine! A business that cannot provide a service is not a business anymore. It was escalated to the supervisor. He told me that it is a technician visit and requires a $70 fee even if it is outside the home and this is how they do it. Um no....I've had Xfinfity before and I have never been charged this fee for a visit to repair the line outside. Just last year you had to install a whole new line form the back of the house to the line at the front and bury the cable....no charge there. The supervisor stated that the charge is just showing wrong on my account and the person I originally talked to was wrong. I never would have agreed to the fee for outside work, i would have cancelled service before it even started. Now I'm 3 days outside of when I can cancel and will be charged a cancellation fee. Seriously is this what you call customer service? Since when does a customer pay to fix your problem? <Edited>. Your supervisor tried to tell me I NEED internet...um no I do not it's a freaking want. I only have it for my kids....oh yeah he tried to use that too. But your kids need it to watch tv. That was pretty low. I did not agree to this fee. I would never have agreed and would like to cancel my service without the stupid cancellation fee. My credit is already shot from a divorce so if it has to sit on there....fine. ATT is at least up front with everything they charge. I also know they work well where I am, my boyfriend lives 2 blocks away and has them because she can't stand Comcast. <Edited> Worst customer experience ever.