Community Forum

Procedure to get a ground pedestal moved

Regular Visitor

Procedure to get a ground pedestal moved

The Comcast ground pedestal that services my house and the house next door is located in my side yard and is 1-2 feet away from the side tap of the county's fire hydrant. The fire hydrant is located on the side property line. The location of the pedestal is restricting my ability to move my motor home safely in and out of my rear yard through the side yard. I suspect the county fire department may be concerned about the pedestal's close location to the fire hydrant tap. I would like the pedestal moved to the side property line behind the fire hydrant. There is no tap on the backside of the fire hydrant.

When I upgraded my service last month, I discussed the problem with the Comcast tech while he was testing the tap at the pedestal. He called his boss and said someone follow-up with me on the issue. I never heard from anyone. I contacted Comcast via chat and ticket 045423757 was opened. I was told someone would call me in 24-72 hours. No one called. I contacted Comcast again via chat, and the agent said he would take personal ownership and someone would call me in 3-5 business days. No one called. I contacted Comcast again via chat today, and the agent told me the ticket was closed as invalid. A new ticket was opened, 1802210125, and I was told someone would call me in 24-72 hours. I don't have any confidence that this process is working.

Is there a local Comcast employee I can speak with to resolve this?

Admin1

Re: Procedure to get a ground pedestal moved

Hi AN74 -- I can help with this pedestal relocation. Our pedestals are supposed to be placed within the property easement. If your pedestal is found to be out of easement then we will move it to an easement location. If your pedestal is found to be within easement then we will not move it unless you're willing to pay a relocation fee to have it moved. 

Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will be able to open a request for pedestal relocation with this information. Our local construction team will come out to survey the pedestal to see what it will take to have it relocated. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!