Community Forum

Problems with the Node

New Poster

Problems with the Node

My internet and phone service go down more than 10 times a day. When I reboot my modem, it usually restores and sometimes the service is restored without me rebooting the modem. I've had 2 service technicians come out over the last couple of days and they tell me everything checks out. Except when he looked up something on his tablet,  he said part of the node was yellow and it should all be green.  I overheard the second technician talking to his supervisor and the supervisor indicated there were 28 work tickets for our area. (Not sure if that was open or recent or what?) Both technicians told me the problem will have to be addressed by someone in Infrastructure. Neither technician is able to communicate directly with anyone besides their immediate supervisor and the people you talk to on the phone can only set up appointments for a technician to come out. There seems to be no escalation process available and no way for the customer to know if this problem is on anyone's radar yet. The last person I spoke with at the customer service number noticed they had an opening for tomorrow morning for an "Outside" technician. These are the people that apparently take care of burying cable or handle downed cable. She used a ficticious reason to set up the call and said when he can't find the problem reported he will probably call me and I can then try and get him to tell me how to reach the people who handle the nodes.  This just seems like a terrible way to run a service company. Does anyone have any suggestions 

RichM

Expert

Re: Problems with the Node

rimasu wrote:

My internet and phone service go down more than 10 times a day. When I reboot my modem, it usually restores and sometimes the service is restored without me rebooting the modem. I've had 2 service technicians come out over the last couple of days and they tell me everything checks out. Except when he looked up something on his tablet,  he said part of the node was yellow and it should all be green.  I overheard the second technician talking to his supervisor and the supervisor indicated there were 28 work tickets for our area. (Not sure if that was open or recent or what?) Both technicians told me the problem will have to be addressed by someone in Infrastructure. Neither technician is able to communicate directly with anyone besides their immediate supervisor and the people you talk to on the phone can only set up appointments for a technician to come out. There seems to be no escalation process available and no way for the customer to know if this problem is on anyone's radar yet. The last person I spoke with at the customer service number noticed they had an opening for tomorrow morning for an "Outside" technician. These are the people that apparently take care of burying cable or handle downed cable. She used a ficticious reason to set up the call and said when he can't find the problem reported he will probably call me and I can then try and get him to tell me how to reach the people who handle the nodes.  This just seems like a terrible way to run a service company. Does anyone have any suggestions 

RichM

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi rimasu, I show that we have someone scheduled to bury your line outside tomorrow. I will follow up with you to make sure this gets completed. I also ran some tests on your node and I show minor issues being reported but none that would impact your services. I am confident once the cable outside is buried your service issues will be resolved, please reach back out to me here if you have any additional questions. 

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastAmir wrote: ... I am confident once the cable outside is buried your service issues will be resolved ...

Is burying a cable really likely to improve the quality of the signals inside the cable? How would that work?