Community Forum

Problems changing packages

New Poster

Problems changing packages

Hello,

I just had a not so good experience with a customer service person I talked to--unfortunately, I didn't write down her name. In short, I wanted to downgrade my service from "Internet Pro Plus," which included internet and cable TV, to a service with internet only with speed >= 60 Mbps. The agent suggested the "performance starter" package: no cable TV and 60 Mbps for $49.95. I thought that was great, but I knew that "performance starter” was only 15 Mbps download. And yesterday I had talked with someone else who told me that I could get 60 MBps for $59.95. So I asked many, many times whether it was actually 60Mbps for $49.95, which she confirmed. And I asked again and again, and always got positive confirmation. So I agreed to change the service.

But as soon as she was done and I checked my account, I realize that she was completely WRONG--the speed was indeed 15Mpbs, NOT 60 Mbps. I immediately called back to have my old service restored, but I was told that was not possible as my old service had been grand-fathered, and I basically had no other option! So I was forced to go to a higher service.

This makes me wonder that kind of training the customer service personal get, and how there is so much inconsistency in their answers. Also, as a customer, what kind of rights to I have to protect myself from situations like this? How can the customer service who gave the incorrect information be better trained and be held accountable?

Ivan

Official Employee

Re: Problems changing packages

Hi iqueiroz. We apologize for any miscommunication. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any other offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can help you.