Community Forum

Printing confirmations...

Valued Contributor

Printing confirmations...

Good morning..

Several months ago, when the format of the billing site changed, I lost the ability to print my payment confirmation. Nothing shows up to be printed when you call for it. Even when viewing a print preview, the pane shows a blank page.

I posted this question some time back, and it's now in the archives with no response from anyone. I've searched the forums for other threads that may lead to an answer also, with no luck.

Most of the other threads, when the printing question has been asked, if they received any comments at all, it seemed the comments directed you in how to log in and view your billing. Viewing is not the issue....printing a one time per month page, the payment confirmation, is the issue.

If anyone has any knowledge of how to go about printing this, or is aware of a solution from the past that you can share a link, it would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any feedback,

Gene

Expert

Re: Printing confirmations...

@Genewntn wrote:

Good morning..

Several months ago, when the format of the billing site changed, I lost the ability to print my payment confirmation. Nothing shows up to be printed when you call for it. Even when viewing a print preview, the pane shows a blank page.

I posted this question some time back, and it's now in the archives with no response from anyone. I've searched the forums for other threads that may lead to an answer also, with no luck.

Most of the other threads, when the printing question has been asked, if they received any comments at all, it seemed the comments directed you in how to log in and view your billing. Viewing is not the issue....printing a one time per month page, the payment confirmation, is the issue.

If anyone has any knowledge of how to go about printing this, or is aware of a solution from the past that you can share a link, it would be really appreciated.

Gene

Are you not even able to print the page from File/Print in your browser?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

@Again wrote:

@Genewntn wrote:

Good morning..

Gene

Nope...it doesn't matter where the command comes from, all get the same reults. Today, when I made my payment, I even tried to get a print preview before I gave the print command. The preview shows only a blank page. This is the only site I have this issue with..

Expert

@Genewntn wrote:

@Again wrote:

@Genewntn wrote:

Good morning..

Gene

Nope...it doesn't matter where the command comes from, all get the same reults. Today, when I made my payment, I even tried to get a print preview before I gave the print command. The preview shows only a blank page. This is the only site I have this issue with..

Not even a right click/print, huh?  I had this same problem with another website after paying a bill, but can't remember what I did to solve it.  Me bad.  Is there any way you might be able to save the confirmation page and then print it from there?  I already know what you're going to answer, but have you tried clearing your browser cache?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

@Again wrote:

@Genewntn wrote:

@Again wrote:

@Genewntn wrote:

Good morning..

Gene

Not even a right click/print, huh?  I had this same problem with another website after paying a bill, but can't remember what I did to solve it.  Me bad.  Is there any way you might be able to save the confirmation page and then print it from there?  I already know what you're going to answer, but have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Nothing seems to get it to print. Tried saving..no print...cleared cache and cookies...no print. It's like there is something in the code of the page that my pc can't read. I have to say, it's an older pc..Win7 and IE11, but this is still the only page I have issues with. So far, it hasn't really been an issue, but then, I've never had to verify a payment has been made. It's primarily a convenience for me to have hard copies of confirmations for records.

Expert

Have you tried right- clicking with the mouse on a viewed page?   That would work here. It shows an option to print the viewed page.

Valued Contributor

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Have you tried right- clicking with the mouse on a viewed page?   That would work here. It shows an option to print the viewed page.

That would be yes..Tried every conceivable way I know how to get the confirmation to print. The problem is...I only have that opportunity once per month to try something new. Even saving the page, and then trying different routes,  it still shows up as a blank print page...

Expert

@Genewntn wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

That would be yes..Tried every conceivable way I know how to get the confirmation to print. The problem is...I only have that opportunity once per month to try something new. Even saving the page, and then trying different routes,  it still shows up as a blank print page...

There are many options for computers to print information. Always check for 3 vertical or horizontal dots. They are menues. Someime you might have to first highlight the section before right-clicking to print. Sometimes you can save the information to Adobe, or Word, or saved short or long term e-mail, first and then print it. Or at least you have a saved copy for your records.

Valued Contributor

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@Genewntn wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

There are many options for computers to print information. Always check for 3 vertical or horizontal dots. They are menues. Someime you might have to first highlight the section before right-clicking to print. Sometimes you can save the information to Adobe, or Word, or saved short or long term e-mail, first and then print it. Or at least you have a saved copy for your records.

Thank you for the efforts to work around...eventually I may find one that will settle things....or....possibly even find out what caused this to begin with..The first thread concerning this, that I've found, was well over a year ago now. All that I've found of them, are now archived, and could not find any that had been answered with a solution. I still can't help but think that something in the coding has been changed that effects some pc's as ot occured the same time as the newlly formatted billing pages.Thanks for the input!

Gene

Expert

Genewntn Valued Contributor :

I don't know if you are still checking this post, but I came up with another way to get a copy to save, or print information on programs that don't seem to have a way. I used it today on another application.

If you have a digital camera, phone, etc., just take a picture of your laptop screen, etc. The picture can be saved, or you can print the picture out on a printer.

Valued Contributor

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Genewntn Valued Contributor :

I don't know if you are still checking this post, but I came up with another way to get a copy to save, or print information on programs that don't seem to have a way. I used it today on another application.

If you have a digital camera, phone, etc., just take a picture of your laptop screen, etc. The picture can be saved, or you can print the picture out on a printer.

Thanks for the reply..and yes..have tried that and it will work. Awful lot of hassle tho to replace a orint command that should be working...

Thanks for the input..

Gene