Community Forum

Pricing for Internet-only Options

Highlighted
New Poster

Pricing for Internet-only Options

I am looking for lower cost options on internet-only service.   My cable bill continues to rise with no relief in sight, so I have to make a change.  I have been trying to get a reasonable price from Comcast for internet-only service.  I own my own modem and router, so I only need internet service.  I have called Comcast twice and they seem unconcerned that I may/will be canceling my service if I can't get a better price on internet-only service.  Both times, I was quoted $73.00/month for 100 mbps.  Since I do paperless billing and use autopay, I would get a $10.00 credit on that price.  However, $63.00 is still too high for 100 mbps.  I was told there were no promotions and no discounts for internet-only service, even if I wanted to sign up for a 1-year (or longer) agreement.  On the second call, I waited forever to get any kind of answer from the Comcast rep.  She put me on mute (not hold) twice for over 10 minutes and said she was checking with her leadership.  The second time on mute, she just left me there.  I eventually said "Hello, is anyone there?"  She said, "Yes, may I help you."  After reminding her of what we were talking about, she said that there were no other lower cost options (at 100 mbps) after checking with her leadership.  I advised that if I couldn't find a lower cost, I would be calling back to disconnect my service.  She said "OK, well, thank you for using Comcast/Xfinity" and hung up.  I have several friends who use AT&T and get internet-only service at 300 mbps for around $50.00 per month.  I only need 100 mbps and I can't pay $73.00/$63.00 every month.  I have had Comcast for many, many years and have never missed a payment.  It's unbelievable how uninterested Comcast is in keeping loyal customers, especially with the advent of streaming.  Anyone know of any better deals for internet-only?  Even if it's not Comcast?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Pricing for Internet-only Options

I’m looking for the same thing. It’s ridiculous there are always deals for new customers but loyal customers <Edited>. You want me to pay $80-$90 for 100mbps as a loyal customer but a new customer pays $54.99? This is a joke.